Welcome to Moped Luau!!

Aloha!! Welcome to Moped Luau!! A blog devoted to Two-Stroke mopeds and scooters. On da menu: Puch mopeds with side order Hondas, Vespas, Yamahas, and whatevah else that go braaaaap. Get some grindz and feed your Two-Stroke face.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Soma-san's Corner


The two-stroke obsession spans across the globe. When I moved to Japan, I met my friend Japanese Soma-san.  He is a fellow two-stoke head like me!!  Like most Japanese, he is crazy into his hobby.  He owns a good amount of bikes.  He has:  two Honda MB5s, a Honda MB8, a Suzuki Z, and Yamaha 250Z.  He has tons of parts.  He even has parts under is desk in the office.  When I say parts, I mean two engines, a frame, a fairing, a exhaust, etc.  This guys is crazy!!  Like me!!  I turned him on to Treatland USA and now he is straight up lost his mind!!


Honda MB5 in its natural habitat


Here's some pics of some of his current project:

Honda MB5
Engine Mods

 
Stock sucks!!  Slap a kit on it!!



70cc Malossi Power with special Japanese XR cylinder/piston/rings coating!!
Change some gearing for top end!!
Shinny swing are for style!!
Kick ass pipe for the finishing touches!!
Rode four plus hours to attend an annual MB5 owners meeting!!

 As you can see my friend Soma-san is pretty hardcore!  He and I will be going on many more two-stroke adventures in his home country soon.  Stay tuned!!




 

2 comments:

  1. great post.. join the facebook group for honda mb5 owners. would love to have more input.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment